Our Code of Ethics
While we may follow different practices and have different emphasis in our businesses, all members of the Seattle SEO Network adhere to the following Code of Ethics:
- We never intentionally harm a client, their business, or their web site rankings, and we avoid actions that may put the client’s business or website at risk.
- We recommend only working with one client in a particular marketing or industry. For that one client, we will never perform any action that has a reasonable chance of harming their business, including their internet marketing efforts. We will also take reasonable steps to avoid allowing harm to come to their business due to omission (informing them of any security lapses we discover, for example).
- If we take on multiple competing clients, we are diligent in separating our campaign efforts fairly and make reasonable efforts not to allow any privileged information affect the conduct of another client’s campaign. If we work with a clients competitor, we inform each client of that fact.
- We never intentionally violate published and enforced rules of search engines or directories. We respect the Terms of Service of all the online firms we work with, platforms we work on and all other online properties we come into contact with. We use only legal means of promoting our clients’ web sites.
- We work with the web site visitor in mind and never intentionally deceive internet users. We do not use cloaking techniques to mislead search engines about the information on our clients’ sites.
- We do not misrepresent our services, our results, our companies, or ourselves. We are truthful when we describe our timetables, our resources, and our past performance history. We inform our clients of the methods we use to improve traffic to their site, and we never intentionally mislead them.
- We do not set unreasonable client expectations. We never guarantee first position results for any of our clients, nor do we promise improved results in an unreasonably short period of time.
- We keep our clients’ confidential information confidential.
- We never intentionally violate copyright laws or infringe on a trademark. We never take others’ work to use as our own. We only use others’ work with the prior consent of the creator of the work, and we give proper credit where it is due.
- We cooperate fully and professionally with all of our clients’ staff and other contractors to get the best results for our clients.